Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium-KSU is looking to fill the position of Software Functional Analyst. The successful candidate will be under the direct supervision of the General Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
He/ She will perform the following main tasks, among others:- Link to Kenya Supply Unit Catalog:
- Collection of data from users and analyze to develop a specification file to submit for validation
- Evaluate the different options available in the market (cost, design, implication…) and submit report to the line manager
- Ensure the link between the solution chosen and KSU to create/maintain the catalog
- Ensure the support to the users for a correct use of the KSU Catalog
- Ensure the documentation related (Instruction, SOP(standard Operating Procedures is up-to-date and available at any time
- Provide first line answer in case of bugs-improvements Link to the ERP (Nodhos-supply software)
- Ensure the interface between KSU team and MSF Supply support – by collecting the challenges and sharing them in proper terms with the IT support
- Adapt/Configure the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) based on the user needs.
- Troubleshoot when need arises to ensure an efficient use of the ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Work on development of interface user (Extranet) to answer the KSU clients’ needs
- Support the supply users of KSU by understanding their challenges and proposing automatic solutions/tools – that will facilitate their daily activities and collection of KPI(Key Performance Indicators)
- Support KSU by being the link with other technical persons for any matter related to IT
- Support any other new information system installed in KSU
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Education: Minimum Higher diploma in IT Experience: At least 2-3 proven years of professional experience in IT / ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) experience mandatory.
- Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries is desirable.
- Knowledge: Experience in coding SQL,PHP, PLSQL(oracle) - mandatory, Expertise in operating systems (XP-Pro, W7) and desktop applications (MS Office 2003/2007/2010)
- Good knowledge of computer parts and maintenance, networks and their protocols, main email systems (Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Lotus)
- IT Security Tools (Anti-virus, Firewall, Anti-spyware, backups, good understanding of telecommunication systems and educational tools.
Punctual, culturally sensitive, patience, proactive, reliable& flexible to work long hours when required, organized and attentive to details. Strengths required: Good team and humanitarian spirit, Good communication skills. Language: Proficiency in written, oral English & Swahili.
How to apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to ONLY submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the envelop/ email subject line, “Software Functional Analyst”, to:
The HR Manager Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium-KSU
P.O. Box 38897-00623, Nairobi