About the company...
At the click of a button, we provided a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, we are providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Nairobi, Kampala and Barcelona, we are a venture funded company that is already having huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
About the work...
The Country Head of Kenya plays a pivotal role for the company and will manage the company in Kenya. This is a huge opportunity for growth and you will be working with one of the most dynamic and fast moving companies in East Africa!
- Lead our success in Kenya
- Build & execute the country strategy, with focus on growth, expansion, our brand and P&L management
- Manage a fast growing team through leadership that values humility, empathy, growth of our people, and leading by example
- Maintain external relations for the company across government, business, transportation associations, and the wider community
- Be confident in the areas of operations, marketplaces, customer acquisition, and product.
- +5 years in business management experience in operations, consulting, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area
- Strong managerial experience growing and empowering a team
- Knowledge of cities in Kenya. Experience working in informal transportation and logistics is a plus
- Experience in stakeholder and external management is required.
- Understanding of how local authorities and government operate is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with proven experience starting and growing projects or entreprises
- Data-driven decision making mindset and solid analytical skills with an advanced experience of Excel is a must
- Creativity and passion for building a company that provides a beautiful product
- Solid academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades
- Firm understanding on how to maintain a performance culture
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in East Africa.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free Boda transport
- Free lunch every day