A local fin tech institution that connects lenders with high quality, underserved low-income borrowers. It exists to give choice, inclusion and affordable digital financial services to low-income borrowers in Africa to bring freedom, equality and hope to them and their communities as part of the formal financial system.
About the work...
The CFO is a multi-disciplinary full time role that demands diverse skills with the following duties:
- Managing the entire administrative, financial, credit operations and accounting/treasury management
- Developing financial models and forecasting
- Develop, implement and monitor ongoing control systems and corporate structures designed to preserve company assets and long term shareholder value.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop strategic decisions and evaluating growth opportunities for the company.
- Developing and retaining relationships with financial partners and investors
Fund Raise & Investor Relations
- Develop a compelling value proposition and key messaging for future fund raise as well as existing investors
- Identify, reach-out and pitch to prospective investors and program manage the related processes of due diligence, deal closure, etc.
- Build investor confidence in the company's vision to deliver shareholder value through a comprehensive Investor Relations framework and strategy
- Provide market insights to the management team, including financial trends, investor concerns, competitor actions, and anything that might impact the company
- Oversee communication & reporting of financial results to investors through comprehensive MIS.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Act as strategic business partner to senior leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Create and establish financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Manage financial planning and analysis.
- Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget by business
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Performing risk management by analyzing the organization's liabilities and investments
- Deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners. Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, auditors and officials.
- Degree in Finance/Economics /Actuarial Science. Plus, an MBA degree (recommended)
- MUST HAVE financial modeling experience, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A professional qualification e.g. CFA, CPA etc.
- MUST HAVE at least 5 years working experience
- Deep knowledge of data analysis & forecasting methods
- High level communication skills
- Management ability and experience
- Added advantage: Treasury
- Added Advantage: Financial Advisory (Financial Institutions) at KPMG, PWC or EY
Compensation & Perks: Salary + discretionary performance based bonus. Market based stock based incentives appropriate for the role and vesting over a 4 year period. Part of the executive management team.